HUNGERBALL™ games adaptations were developed for engaging groups of varying sizes and configurations, small or large, young or mature, skilled or unskilled. Fast in-and-out rotations and last man standing tournaments are hugely popular for social play.
Games & Rules
Variations & Rules
The rules, format and equipment for HUNGERBALL™ singles, doubles and triples competitions are governed globally by the HUNGERBALL™ International Federation (HIF).
- 1v1 x 6 – one goal per player
- Dice throw decides which of the six players starts from the centre
- Other players to remain in their goals can come out once the ball is touched
- One ball, no hands
- Players can score in any of the other five goals
- One point added for each goal scored, one point taken off for goal conceded
- Own goal counts as a goal conceded (only)
- The player who concedes a goal resumes play
- Handball sanctioned with a penalty shot to empty goal of guilty player from goal of player who last touched the ball before handball
- Similarly, fault sanctioned with penalty shot into the empty goal of the guilty player
- Body checking and slide tackles are faults
- If responsibility or benefit of fault or handball is unable to be established, dice throw to decide who resumes play
- If less than six players, goals can be closed with the velcro curtains for 1v1 x 5, 1v1 x 4, 1v1 x 3
- 2v2 x3 – two goals per team – similar to challenges for individuals
- 2v2 x 2 – when two goals are closed with the velcro curtains
- 3v3 – three goals per team, best team wins
Training & Development
- Best Attacker – the game runs for a set time, no eliminations, with the player scoring the highest number of goals wins
- Best Defender – the game runs for a set time, no eliminations, with the player conceding fewest goals wins
- Three Teams of 2 – Best attack and best defence as per individual training & development.
- Turbo HUNGERBALL™ Soccer – Winning team of 2 playing against a team of 3 or 4.